Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/29 and 12/30 A little of this, a little of that

12/29
Met my sister at the gym on Wednesday am for some strength training. We found ourselves wandering around the weight machines area.....taking turns picking machines that worked different areas of the body. After an hour, we called it quits and left for work.

We were going to go running that night, but due to a change in plans we found ourselves at a spin class instead.

The instructor is the love child of Hitler, Freddy Kruger and Satan himself.

I can't list the number of ways she made me hurt, and the number of ways I found I could murder her...just by using objects in the cycle room. :-)

I got home at about 8:00, played with the dogs, ate a bowl of cereal, watched a quick episode of Bones...then headed off to bed.

At some point, Sam (our black lab pup - 80 lb pup - giggle) jumped up into bed with me....because I woke up laying across the pillows....jammed against the headboard.

Bed hog much, Sam???

12/30
It was 4:25 am, and my alarm was set to go off at 4:30...so I went ahead and got up.

I arrived at the gym to meet my sister. We grabbed our jackets and flashlights and headed out.

It was 48 FRIGGIN' DEGREES this morning......awesome!!!! And, in honor of the nice weather, we decided to run around the Lake, instead of dealing with the treadmills.

Fresh air rocks!!!! I'm addicted to it!

Anyway....the run was great. We probably walked as much as we ran.....chatted, laughed, sweat, stripped out of our jackets, chatted some more, laughed some more, oh yeah - we're supposed to be running......etc, etc.

Our average pace ended up being snail speed slow....but neither of us really cared. :-)

2 comments:

Fran said...

Getting up at 4.30 am to go running? Holy moly I'm impressed! The earliest I got up to go running has been 5.15 am which is still to early :)

Happy new year Nej! I hope 2011 will be great for you.

Nej said...

It's usually pretty easy for me to get up early. As long as I go to bed with the right mindset. If I know I need to get up....then I do. :-)