Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

12/23/10 Dreadmill (2.28 mi, 11:51 avg pace)

Well....that little popping going on in my knee last night on the treadmill was felt this morning. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to run....but it eventually faded away. Took it easy this morning and just kept my heart rate up...burned some calories.

Two days of running in a row. Wow...haven't done that in a while.

These past two weeks off have been a nice break....but boy has it felt good to get back at it.

Received a call from the make of my treadmill....they assure me that I only need to replace the circuit breaker on the unit, and all should be well. I think $10 is a fair price to pay, if it gets me so I can run at home again.

While I'm watching TV tonight (we're on the final episode of season 2 Sons of Anarchy - yep, season 1 was two weekends ago, and we got almost all the way through season 2 this past weekend)....anyway, while we're finishing up the last disc, I'm going to make some screw shoes. Sounds like I might get to test them out on my Jingle Bell Fun Run tomorrow am.

Snow is in the forecast!!! Not ice, just regular old snow. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

6 comments:

James said...

I've done two spinning classes over the past 5 days. Low impact, but still a good cardio workout. When I belonged to the downtown Y, a runner told me that it's great for runners....he was working thru an injury and said he didn't lose anything when he got back outside to run after the injury.

Nej said...

@ James - I try to at least do one spin class a week now...on Tuesday night. I'd love to get another one in on the weekend, but it just never seems to happen. :-)

Heidi said...

Hope the knee is OK. You'll have to post what these "screw shoes" are. I have an image in my head but not sure if that's what you mean.

Nej said...

@ Heidi - knee seems to be perfectly fine now. Actually, it had pretty much stopped by the end of the run (slow jog!) this morning. A fellow runner friend in Omaha (actually we know each other from kayaking) sent me the website for the screw shoes.

http://www.skyrunner.com/screwshoe.htm

Can't wait to try them out and see how it goes. I have an older pair of running shoes that are just about used up....figured I'd give it a try and see what happens. :-) I'll post pictures for sure.

Anna P said...

Oh fun! I forgot about the Jingle Bell run! I dont feel 'good enough' to run with a group of runners like that though, maybe next year =) Glad to hear your 'mill can get fixed!

Nej said...

@ Anna - my fingers are crossed that the one little pesky part does the trick!!!!! :-)

I heard about another run, a 5K, tomorrow am. The Jingle Bell run isn't until 10, but the 5K is at 8. I have xmas eve lunch with the family, so I might aim for the 8 o'clock one. :-)