Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

08/07/10 (6 mi, 10:16 pace)

New personal best. 6 miles!!!

I walked in the door to my house with the biggest grin on my face.

I made myself a glass of chocolate milk and sat down at my computer to talk about how great this feels.

And I've got nothing.

I'm just sitting here, smiling like a dork.

Our black lab pup is sprawled out under my chair....sleeping a very deep sleep. I reach down to rub her big floppy ears, and she doesn't even twitch.

I can hear the ticking of our grandfather clock to my left.

I hear a fan running upstairs in the guest bedroom, that I keep forgetting to turn off.

It's so funny.....running 6 miles means so much to me. 4 didn't do it, and neither did 5. But 6....wow!

I now know that the 10K I'm signed up to run in September won't be embarrassing.

My time won't be even close to the same as my marathon running co-workers....but I'll be running it this year none the less.

This half marathon is getting closer and closer. And, even if I have to walk the last half, I now know that I can run the first.

I don't know what to say that doesn't sound silly or corny or right. I mean, it's 6 miles, big deal, right??

But it IS to me!!!!

(still smiling like a dork)

I'd better go get in the shower, I have a bocce tournament to get to. :-) :-)

3 comments:

MJ said...

that's a super huge deal!!! wtg! :) I'd be grinning from ear to ear too!

Heidi said...

That's a major milestone. You should be very proud. Congrats!

Nej said...

Thanks!!!!!!!