Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

07/28/09

Had an appointment with my personal trainer last night. Just to do a little catching up, since I started at the gym.

Down 9.4% body fat....increased 4.3% lean muscle.

I'm not keen on their scale. I mean, it shows that I lost weight, just like the one at home. But the one at the gym lists my starting weight, and current weight, so much higher than at home.

Granted, I'm wearing shoes and workout gear when I weigh in at the gym.

Not, 12 pounds of workout gear though. :-(

We talked about my running, and how it's going. All of the weight loss and muscle gain is from the last 5 or 6 weeks.

I admitted that I haven't been doing any weight training....and she gave me that look.

You know the one.

We dug out the sheet she made up for me when I joined the gym. Went over the exercises with me again to refresh my memory....and told me to get it in gear. :-)

Starting the weight training is another mental hurdle I have to go over. I go to the gym before work, 3 times a week. The other two weekday mornings, I get to sleep in that extra 1.5 hours.

I need to start doing weights on those 2 days. But, I just don't think it's going to happen right now.

Like I said, it's all mental. I'm doing great getting up and staying consistent for 3 days a week. I'm going to get myself through this First day to 5K program....then think about adding days.

It's what I originally told myself...so I'm sticking with it.

Obviously this running thing is doing the trick, and I don't want to add those extra two days and burn myself out on going to the gym.

I need it to be more of a habit first.

Maybe I just need to go to the gym a few minutes earlier on those 3 days....and do both the cardio and the weights all at the same time??

It would mean getting up that much earlier.....but, I might just be able to make that work.

Still thinking about it all......I'll let you know what I decide. :-)

No comments: