Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

07/10/09

So far to date, yesterday was the most difficult day to get up and work out yet.

Then, while running, I started to feel those first pains that tell me shin splints are soon to follow.

Frustration is an understatement right now.

But....I'm still getting up tomorrow am to run.....to make my 3 times this week. It's a Saturday, but that's the price I pay for staying up late Sunday and not working out on Monday. Plain and simple.

I'm really nervous about the workout next week though. Running for 3 minutes at a time. Ugh! It's amazing how out of shape I really am.

Yesterday, while running, I was getting bummed about the pain I was starting to feel.

My polar heart monitor watch is missing, gone forever....and I think that has me bummed out. I bought it for myself when I started working out last year.....on my birthday. It's not like I can't replace it or anything. It's just that it signified something. Kinda like losing a wedding ring. You can always replace it....but.....

So anyway, as I'm running, I start thinking about how easy it would be to stop....to hit the locker room early.

Ugh!!! Can't let those thoughts in, have to keep positive. Keep my eye on the prize, so to speak.

So, I thought about my last weigh in, and subtracted 1 pound. And then started repeating over and over (in my head, not out loud) that goal number.

Over, and over, and over.

I made it through the rest of the workout doing that.

Then, on the way to the locker room, I kept thinking "good for you, you did it, you didn't give up."

Sounds corny, I know....but it's amazing how mental this whole thing is!!!!!

When I weighed myself this morning, that goal number I kept repeating over and over...as sweat was dripping in my eyes....appeared on the digital read out. I'm not celebrating yet, I mean, I have about 25 more pounds to go (at least).

But...I did let a little smile slip out. :-)

No comments: