Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

08/18/11: Yoga for Runners, week 4

Hips and Hamstrings.

Finally!! A session of yoga where I was excelling.

OK...maybe not excelling...but I wasn't failing miserably...which is a plus in my book!

My hamstrings are tight. Yup.

But as I looked around the room, mine were definitely not the tightest in class.

And my hips...... turns out they are flexible. Who knew??

It was fun doing the poses as they should be done...without modifications. Without the extra support of blankets or blocks.

Fun, fun fun!!!!



On the way home, a good ol' Nebraska storm came rip roaring through town. Our gutters were instantly filled with leaves knocked down by the golf ball sized hail that covered our deck.

Covered!!!

Then the wind and rain hit.

The newly felled leaves completely clogged the gutters...which made the 3.5 inches (in under an hour) rain overflow them....running down the side of the house...and directly into the basement.

To add insult to injury, the power went out....so our wet/dry vac was useless.

Every towel we own in is the laundry.

Yuck!

After creating the towel dams to keep water from spreading further...I got into the camping gear. Got my running headlamp and the Jetboil. Mot and I then sat on the enclosed front porch, heating up leftovers on the camp stove....while watching the storm pass through.

Our power came back on about midnight....and the back of our house is dimpled like a golf ball from the hail. But that was the worst of it, so we can't complain too much.



No comments: