Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Project Run-Way

Andrew at Running Man Wannabe passed on, to me, the very prestigious Stylish Blogger Award.

(Now do you get the title to my post....Project Run-Way....Stylish Blogger award? Oh, never mind.)

:-)



I'm not sure why I got the award....I'm anything but stylish.

I mean, look at this outfit!!!!



I've worn this in PUBLIC!!!!!

And...to make it worse....I've worn that EXACT same outfit many times. Isn't that some sort of fashion faux pas??

(giggle)

But, on a more serious note.....I'm honored to be mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, let's see...the rules are as follows.....

1. Link back to the person who awarded this to you.
2. Tell us 7 things about you.
3. Select 5 recently discovered bloggers to pass this onto.
4. Let them know they've been selected.

7 things about me.

Hmmmmm......I'm trying to think about what I haven't already told all of you. I'm a pretty open book.

1) I envy the person that can execute a perfect snot rocket. My nose runs like nothing in the world when I run in the winter...but my "rocket" attempts always end in disaster. And when it's really cold, that "disaster" can quickly become a frozen mess down the front of my jacket. Or my sleeve.

2) I'm directionally dyslexic. If I say "right" you should probably turn left. I tell everyone to follow my finger (where I'm pointing).....it's the only safe bet. I also use "turn my way" and" turn your way" (or "this way" and "that way") if I'm giving directions while in a car with someone else driving.

3) I've recently been wondering.....is leaving the blood stains on your running shoes (from a lost toenail) a batch of honor...or disgusting????

4) When I go to a bookstore, this is my routine.....a) go to sports section and see if they have any books on running that look interesting b) go to travel section and see if they have any Appalachian Trail guides. #1 on my bucket list, hike the AT. c) used book or clearance section d) magazine aisle for the recent issues of Runner's World, etc.

5) I'm actively trying to find my "catch phrase." The one that I'll say when I'm running up a hill and want to quit. "I think I can, I think I can" didn't work. "Just make it to the top" or "someone might be watching so don't quit" weren't very effective either.

So far the only one that works has been "make it to the top, then you can walk and not feel guilty." Unfortunately, it's counter-productive. a) Because I then stop running at the top of the hill to walk....once I'm over the top, the hard part is over and I should just keep going b) Because the devil on my other shoulder counters with "Wait, running downhill is easier...give up now and walk to the top."

6) I'd love to complete a triathlon. Unfortunately someone told me swimming is involved. :-)

7) I knew I was a runner when I found myself debating purchases based on race registration costs......."that's a half marathon registration"......or "that's 1/2 of a full marathon registration."

Select 5 recently discovered bloggers to pass this onto.
Wow...only choosing 5 is impossible. I'm always adding new blogs onto my reading list. In the past week I've added 3 or 4 million at least.

(slight exaggeration)

Here are a few of my daily reads.........

Fran, Faith Ann, Lori, Heidi, Alan, Jeff, Anna

Also, make sure you go to Andrew's blog and check him out. I've recently started reading it, and was hooked after reading this race report!!!!!

Thanks again for the award!!! Coming up with 7 things was actually kinda hard. :-)

5 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

You're so kind. I love the random thoughts ... and I recognize a pattern in my book store visits. Not the same as yours, but definitely a pattern.

Fran said...

Thank you sweety for the award. I've just mentioned about it on my post of today. I'm not going to tell 7 random things about me but will tell all of you things about me that I like in the next weeks.

I never look stylish when I go out for a run and I don't give crap about it :)

I use the same tactics to run up hill like you: once I make it to the top I can walk but never do :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award!!

Nej said...

@ Lori - you're welcome!!!!!!!

Faith Ann said...

Thanks for the mention!! I'll try to post this weekend :)