Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

01/18/11: Dreadmill

Nothing much to report today.

How is that for a blog post beginning???? :-)

Met sis at the gym for my scheduled short 3 mile run.

I was barely able to drag myself out of bed. I hit the snooze twice....then, just before it went off a third time, I shut it off completely.

Never a good idea.

I laid there for another 5 minutes, forcing myself to stare at the ceiling and not close my eyes.

I was laying there thinking..."you're going to feel like crap if you don't get up and run....if you stay at home and sleep that extra hour it might feel good at the time, but you'll be tired all day....and you'll feel guilty for not running like you should.....and that big bowl of salty and buttery popcorn you had last night will take up permanent residence on your mid section....and it will laugh at you as you try to button your jeans."

I can be pretty rough on myself if I need to be. :-)

So I poured myself out of bed got up and went to the darned gym, a den of voluntary torture a place of unicorns, smiles and happy endings.

:-)

(3 miles, avg pace 10:17)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Two thumbs up!

Fran said...

Well done on the 3 miles!

I've had that same problem with getting up too much lately and decided to go to bed a bit earlier (started yesterday :) ) hopefully it helps but have to see first for a few days.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

We've all been through this!!!

Syl said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Great work, I know how much fun a treadmill is so great work!
So proud of you!

Nej said...

@ Heidi - thank you, thank you! :-) (get it two thank yous....for the two thumbs up?)

(I'm such a dork!)

@ Fran - I really think this winter season is affecting me more than it usually does. All I want to do is sleep. I slept in until 9:00 am both days this weekend, and that's unheard of for me! :-)

Good luck with your new schedule!!!

@ Jeff - it's nice to read other blogs, and have comments from other runners, and remind me that I'm not alone. :-)

@ Syl - Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith Ann said...

I will attempt to remember your dedication when I force myself to hop on the treadmill tonight after work. I just have a short run planned, so it shouldn't be that bad... but I'm dreading it!

Nej said...

@ Faith Ann - don't forget to say hi to the unicorns and happy endings for me! (giggle)

Faith Ann said...

Ha! Will do!!

I'm making peace with myself about tonight's run. Since I've been doing other non-running workouts for the last week, I've decided to let myself have frequent walk breaks and not worry in the least about pace. Just get the run done!!

Nej said...

@ Faith Ann - that's the way to do. Enjoy it and not stress about it! Have fun!