Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

01/08/11 FYTO Virtual 5K



Adam @ I Am Boring announced a Freeze Your Thorns Off 5K Virtual Race for today...and I thought "what the heck, I'm in!!!"

The temperature was in the mid-teens (when I returned home and checked the weather, it was 15 degrees, 2 degrees windchill - it would probably make more sense to look BEFORE I head out). :-) There was a light snow falling....and the cold arse wind was coming directly out of the North.

Ahhhh....Nebraska in the winter! :-)

The run was great!!

Well....it was good.

I mean, I haven't been running regularly for nearly a month, so a 5K kinda kicked my butt. Especially since I chose the hilliest route from my house to run.

Hills...the necessary evil of the running world.

My time was slow....but it felt great (as it always does) to just be out running.

(gasp, wheeze)

:-)

3.1 miles, 33 minutes.....10:38 average pace

I stopped along the way a couple time to pick up house-for-sale flyers.

What?? There were a couple of cool houses along the route!!! :-)

At one point wished I made a habit of carrying a can of WD-40.

A house near the turn -round point had a HUGE pink flamingo in it's front flower garden. The thing had these HUGE black (??) spinning wings....and they squeaked.

Loudly.

So.....there you have it. I went, I ran, I conquered.....well...maybe not conquered, but you know what I mean. :-)

Thanks again for hosting the race Adam...it was a blast!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

6 comments:

Fran said...

Great run!

I don't think you're slow because this is about my 5K time and I refuse to call myself slow :)

Q said...

Congrats! I feel bad for the neighbors of the flamingo!

Nej said...

@ Fran - I have a tendency to be too hard on myself and my paces. I guess as long as I'm out there, that's what counts. :-)

@ FFS - I kept thinking "if I lived across the street, I'd be over here oiling that thing....pronto". :-) :-)

The Boring Runner said...

NICE WORK!!! Again - thanks so much for running in the VERY cold. :) You won some of the prizes on my virtual race!! Shoot me an email (reply to the comment) and claim your loot! (Directions on my blog)

Nej said...

@ Adam - Thanks!!!!!!!!

It was -15 this morning...it just keeps getting colder and colder. :-)

I can't wait to check out the race reports!

The Boring Runner said...

Sorry that I am just now getting to comment on this...


Oh yeah, you gotta carry wd40 on every single run. There is just no reason not to at ALL.

Nice work out there! :)