Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

01/03/11 Weights

Met Inny at the gym for an hour of weights this morning.

We got through them much faster today. Probably because we didn't have to stand at each machine, looking at the pictures, to figure out what we were supposed to be doing. :-)

I knew the gym was going to be busier today. The whole new year resolution thing and all.

But what I didn't expect to see was that 85-90% of the new people were dudes.

The treadmills were full of em.

They had to wait for the two of us to get off the weight machines. (I think they were waiting for us, so they could see how to work them.)

(hehehehe)

There was an entire row of men on stair steppers.

Not something you see every day.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That is unusual. I usually notice more women at new years. I don't go to a gym anymore, but when I did I used to try to find an alternative in the first few weeks of the new year ust so I didn't look like one of the newbies - hahaha. Silly.

Nej said...

It may be silly, but I used to do the same exact thing! This year I just don't care. (hehehehehe)

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of why I hate the gym. Waiting for machines is never fun!

Nej said...

@ Lori - Luckily, we didn't ever have to wait. The gym is huge, and they have tons of machines. I swear that group of guys was just following us around so they would know how to use them. :-)

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Really? Stair steppers? LOL. I remember when I got a bowflex...Ok, how do I do this?

Nej said...

@ Detroit - stair steppers...I kid you not! I saw, out of 20 different machines, one woman....the rest were all men. Men on treadmills...men on elipticals. It was a sweaty male invasion. :-)