Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

03/26/11: Playoffs!

Our local college hockey team got themselves into the NCAA Div I playoffs in St. Louis....so Mot (hubby) and some friends (Danny and Steve, aka "the boys") decided to get tickets and head down....at the last minute.

By last minute, I mean we arrived to the game about 4 minutes in....and our team was already up 1 to 0.

The game ended badly (but I'll spare you all the gory details)....but it was still an awesome trip, and a fun game to watch (well, up until those last 10 ridiculous "play is under review" minutes). :-)

The next morning, instead of staying for the Saturday game, we decided to take our time on the drive home. (it's normally about a 7 - 7 1/2 hour drive from home to St. Louis)

Taking our time, included sleeping in.

So there I was, laying in bed (wide awake) at 7 am......knowing it'd be a while before we got on the road, I put on my running gear and headed down to the hotel fitness room.

4 miles were on the schedule. I plugged in my headphones, turned on the Today show, and off I went.

The treadmill didn't give distance ran......or pace.....but it would tell me what lap I was on.

That is, it would flash the lap number on the screen, for about 5 seconds.....and only at the beginning of the lap. So if I wasn't paying attention, I'd miss it.

No matter, I knew about how long I needed to run to get close to my 4 miles.

I happened to look down and see it flash lap 12.

A while later, I looked down again, and it flashed lap 12.

WTF???

It flashed lap 12 at least one more time......so who knows how far I actually ran that morning! (giggle)

No comments: