My schedule called for a 4.5 mile run....I made it 4.1.
I nearly went home after a mile.....then, at 2 miles I did decide to call it. Although, it really didn't do much good at that point. No matter which route I took home, it was still going to be 2 more miles to get there. :-)
My cardiovascular health is good.....but my tight lower leg muscles are going to drive me slowly insane.
On my way back it started to mist or rain on me......or at least that's what I thought. I hit a dark stretch of road and needed to turn on my headlamp.
There, in the beam of my lamp, was snow! It got heavier as I ran...but by the time I got home it had stopped.
Yesterday, 70 degrees (F) and tornado warnings....this morning I get snowed on while I run.
Spring is kinda fun....you just never know what mother nature is going to throw at you. :-)
I'm trying to stay positive and not let disappointment creep in.
* Yes, the run today was horrible. I was sluggish, my legs hurts....blah, blah, blah.
* But, I did 8 miles this weekend without any issues, and could have kept going past the 8 miles if I needed to.
* Yes, my first half marathon of the year is 4 weeks (ish) away.
* But, I'm not out to PR. Heck, I could walk the whole thing if need be.
* Yes, I'm still having a hard time getting motivated to stick with a training schedule.
* But, it's only March....once things warm up (and stay warm)...and it gets lighter in the am....everything will be fine.
I only started doing this to get healthy and lose weight....and I've accomplished both of those things. Yes, I need to keep it up....and yes, I still have a ways to go....but I need to remember those things. Not that my pace today was 12 min/mile. Ugh! :-) :-) :-) :-)
4.1 miles, 11:57 overall average pace