Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

09/28/2010 (5.02 mi, 10:24 pace)

I started my run DETERMINED to not let this be just another Tuesday morning run.

My Tuesday runs are usually the worst of the week. It always takes forever to get into the running grove, and my times are usually pretty bad.

But not this week, oh no, I was going to make sure that didn't happen. I didn't care what my time was, I just wanted it to feel good. I wanted it to wake me up and get me ready for the day. I wanted it to not s*ck. :-)

I'd found a 5 mile route the week before that I really liked....so that's where I headed.

I noticed right away that the sky was clear. I could actually seen the moon and stars. I haven't been able to say that in quite some time.

The hills along this route and steep and long....but they didn't bother me nearly as much as they usually do.

Along the stretches of road where I actually have to run in the road, I met no oncoming traffic.

I didn't have to wait for any skunks, and there were no deer jumping out of the bushes to scare the crap out of me.

All in all it was an uneventful run.....but it felt good.

And that's what I wanted most of all!!!!!

No comments: