Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

07/24/10 (cross training on the bike)

Ugh!!!! I got my bike out for the first time this year. How crazy is that? It's nearly the end of July, and I've had it out once? I've finally got the running thing going, and now it's time to focus on mixing things up a little.

I had about an hour or so to ride this morning, before heading up to MV to help mom out with some stuff in their camper. I figured I'd bang out 20 miles and then head north to see her.

At mile 8, I realized that my bike riding was starting to get really, really, REALLY easy.

I looked over my shoulder to see a HUGE storm front moving in....and it's wind was at my back.

Uh oh! I'm out of shape (in the biking sense at least), on my first day out in a year, and I have to ride home....into the wind of a fast moving front?

(shaking my head)

So, I turned around and went home.

Slowly.

Very slowly.

When the wind is actually pushing you backwards on your bike when you are peddling forward, is that a bad thing??

(slight exaggeration) :-)

90 minutes later I make it back to the Jeep.

90 minutes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(Kent, pretend you didn't see that, OK?)

Just call me speedy! :-)

No comments: