Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

07/18/10 (long run)

Dropped my sister off at home early this morning, and decided to run my long run along the east side of Wehrspann Lake. Only a few others out, mostly on bikes, and it was MUCH cooler than yesterday (thank goodness!!).

A skunk ran across the path, right in front of me. I stopped in my tracks, and stood like a statue until it was gone. Smelling like Pepe la Pew wasn't on my agenda for the day. :-)

A couple of deer stood along the side of the trail, watching me run by. They didn't seem too concerned I was there.

I ran the first two miles without stopping. (a personal best) But, as I was running, I noticed I was heading downhill for the first mile or so.

Uh oh.....that means back uphill at the end. Probably not the best choice. :-)

Did my 5 miles (another personal record), and it felt great!!!!!! Sweat away about 17 or 18 pounds.

(including the Mt. Dew freezee drink I got when sis and stopped to get a movie last night)

What?

It was a "I'm fitting into size 8 clothes" celebration drink!!!!!!!


Yep, there's me, in my size 8 dress!!!!

(giggle)

Went out to breakfast with the boys after the run....ate about thee bites of my pancake, two of my sausage patty, one of Steve's hash browns (that he didn't want)....and my whole glass of chocolate milk (of course!!).

Came home and took a short 30 minute nap....I was plum tuckered out. :-)

What is 13.1 miles going to do to me?????

No comments: