Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

02/09/11: One FLU over the cuckoo's nest....

It's been nearly two weeks since I've posted. My how time flies when you're having fun.

Or when you're traveling for work....

...and then catch the most violent flu known to man the day AFTER you get home.

Yep, that's me. I have a sinus infection for one week...I travel to Texas and Mexico for one week...and now I'm finishing up a week of the stomach flu.

I can't catch a running break. It's been FOREVER since I've been able to run, and it's really getting me down.

(sigh)

So...to cheer myself up I finally did it.


I filled out all of my information....and hit the magic "accept" button.

It's done...no turning back.

After not being able to run for nearly three weeks, I cheer myself up by registering for my first ever full marathon.

I've never claimed to be the most sane person you'll ever meet.

(giggle)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

HAHA Congrats on signing up for the race. Hope you've kicked this bug to the curb for good.

C2Iowa said...

I agree - hope that the bug is gone. Congrats on the commitment. Who needs sanity anyway?!

Nej said...

@ Heidi - thanks...I've filled out that registration, then closed the screen too many times to count. :-)

@ C2Iowa - sanity is wayyyy over rated!! :-)

Jill said...

Nothing like a race to get kick your spirits back - yahoo!

Nej said...

@ Jill - that's what I was thinking! :-)

Brian said...

Very cool. Thought about doing this one myself, but I have exciting plans for the beginning of October and might be running the NYC marathon in early November, so it's not in the cards for this year.

Nej said...

@ Brian - exciting plans are always a good thing. :-) I'm a little nervous about the whole FULL marathon thing....but it's a healthy nervous. :-)

Fran said...

Woohoo how exciting: your first marathon ever! When is it?

Nej said...

@ Fran - October!

Anonymous said...

You'll get your running legs back. Sorry about the flu, though. Icky. But congrats on the marathon! Seriously exciting stuff!