Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

06/24/09

Day 2.

I got up again this morning, relatively easily. For some reason, right now, I'm having an easy time wrapping my head around the fact that I need to get my arse out of bed in the morning and workout. It's the only way getting healthy and losing weight is going to happen, with my schedule right now. I guess, once you decide it's just what you have to do, and there's no other option, then it's easy to get yourself up.

I guess it's like going to work. I don't want to go, I hate going, but that mortgage payment keeps tapping me on the shoulder. Same thing with the workout....dying, heart disease, and going up and up in jean's sizes keeps giving me the stink eye. :-)

It was a little tougher going, once I got to the treadmill, than it was on Monday. Although.....the two previous times I've done the week 1 workout, I walked through one of the running intervals. Today, I ran them all. Didn't hesitate and didn't slow down.

I'm pretty confident I could run more than the intervals have me running...but I'm determined to do this right. No shin splints, torn calf muscles, or burn out for me this time!!!!

The corporate cup run in Omaha is this September. Would love to run (run/walk, who am I kidding?) the event this year!!! A group of us walked the full 10k...I used taking pictures of our company runners as an excuse...but really, I just didn't want to walk the 2 mile course. It seemed like a cop out, in a way.

I would LOVE to run (run/walk?) the event this year. I'd like to do it in a respectable time. Showing people what I can do is a good motivator....and showing myself what I can do really does the trick! :-)

No comments: